Skip to main content

A testimony of God's protection

It was around 5AM on 3rd May 2012, while I was traveling in the bus that the bus met with an accident when a truck almost collided with the bus. The truck went on scraping the side of the bus, leaving the front glasses of the bus broken and very few minor injuries to 2 or 3 passengers. If it would have been another 2 or 3 inches inside, it would have been a major accident.

I was thanking God for His protection and watching over us.

To day morning, while I was driving to the church, a car comes in the opposite direction (even though the road I was traveling is supposed to be one-way) and I almost would have hit the car. But in the last minute, we slowed down and escaped the accident.

At this point, I was reminded of God's protection over me again and am putting down this testimony to thank God for He is watching over me.

Psalms 121 describes God as the Lord, who watches over His people. He neither slumber nor sleep but keeps a watch over His people. I was reminded of this fact in both of the above incidents.
"The Lord will keep you from all evil
He will keep your life
The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in
from this time forth and forevermore" Psalms 121:7,8

What a joy to know that the maker of heaven and earth is our protection and shield.

Here is my song of praise:
"God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble

The Lord of Hosts is with us
the God of Jacob is our fortress" Psalms 46: 1,7

You O LORD, are a shield about me
My glory and the lifter of my head

I lay down and slept
I woke again, for the LORD sustained me - Psalms 3:3,5



Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lord is my Light and the Rock of salvation

Read Pslams 27:1 - 3 1 THE LORD is my Light and my Salvation--whom shall I fear or dread? The Lord is the Refuge and Stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. 3 Though a host encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, [even then] in this will I be confident. In this Psalm, the author sings with confidence "The Lord is my light and the rock of my salvation. Whom shall I fear, whom shall I fear". Important fact to note is the confidence with which he sings. Many times, we go through our days without confidence and peace that we observe in the psalmist. The author goes to the extent of declaring that he will not be afraid even if an enemy encamps around him or a war comes up. There is a promise in the Bible, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything with prayers and thanksgiving submit your requests to God and the

Joy in the midst of Nazi Concentration camps

The well known survivor of Nazi concentration camps by God's grace, Corrie Ten Boom writes in her book titled, " A Prisoner and yet... " While being imprisoned at Vught prison camp by Nazis, the women of Harlem (A town in Holland from where Corrie Ten Boom hails from) used to sing the following song under their pressing conditions: " We never let our courage fall, We hold our heads up high. They never, never will prevail, No matter how they try. Onward we press, our word is 'yes', Heads up, you women of Vught, heads up. " Their faith in the living God is the source of their confidence to sing the above song under such a horrible in-human treatment by Nazis. What an assurance of peace it is to know that the Joy of the Lord is indeed our strength as we go through the pressures of life and fight against the principalities of this dark world. It is in such circumstances as these that the character of christ is formed in us. Unless the seed dies, it canno

Question of willingness

When Jesus encountered a man full of leprosy, very interesting conversation happened. Here it is: "While He was in one of the towns, there came a man full of (covered with) leprosy; and when he saw Jesus, he fell on his face and implored Him, saying, Lord, if You are willing, You are able to cure me and make me clean. And [Jesus] reached out His hand and touched him, saying, I am willing; be cleansed! And immediately the leprosy left him." Luke 5:12,13 As I was contemplating on these 2 verses, tears welled up in my eyes. Here was a man full of leprosy, a social outcast, who is not allowed to move freely among the society. His words spoke volumes about his faith in Jesus, but humble enough to seek confirmation about Jesus willingness to heal him. In other words, we can infer that none of the people around this man are willing in his well being. He was kind of helpless. Jesus response and actions were equally surprising - He reached out His hand - This action of Jesus signifie